BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)- Due to severe weather projected for the Oxford, Mississippi area Saturday due to Hurricane Delta, the Alabama-Ole Miss football game has been pushed back over an hour.
Kickoff will now start at 6:30 p.m. Saturday as opposed to the original 5 p.m. time, according to a tweet from Ole Miss.
“This decision was made with the safety and wellbeing of our student-athletes, staff and fans as the priority,” said Keith Carter, Ole Miss vice chancellor for intercollegiate athletics at Ole Miss in a statement released Thursday. “I appreciate the cooperation of the SEC, Alabama and ESPN in changing the start time, and we will be prepared to make any other necessary operational adjustments to ensure a safe gameday environment. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those that could be impacted by this storm.”
The game will be broadcast on ESPN.
- Senators grill Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs on political fairness
- Mother allegedly straps 13-year-old son with meth, fentanyl in failed smuggling attempt
- Texas man who groomed child into relationship, produced child pornography, sentenced to prison
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing