BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on Central Alabamians and the resources they rely on. Programs that provide food, shelter and basic needs for our community need our help to continue operating.
CBS 42 is proud to team up with the United Way of Central Alabama on Sept. 30 for a day of giving. We will be helping to raise funds and awareness for the more than 100 United Way agencies that bolster our community’s financial stability, educational resources, and health.
For more information on how to give back and make a difference, visit the United Way of Central Alabama’s website or text “United” to 62644.
Then, join CBS 42 News all day on Wednesday, Sept. 30 for a day of giving as we showcase the amazing programs helping Central Alabamians.
When you give to United Way, you give hope to those who need it most. Watch the following CBS 42 “United for United Way” segments:
CBS 42 News at Noon
An interview with United Way CEO Drew Langloh by Conan Gasque
CBS 42 News at 4 p.m.
Bigger than mentorship: The Big Brothers Big Sisters’ impact by Katherine Mozzone
CBS 42 News at 5 p.m.
Get to know the AG Gaston Boys and Girls Club by Art Franklin
CBS 42 News at 6 p.m.
Workshops, Inc: Offering work adjustment, job placements for adults with disabilities by Autumn Bracey
CBS 42 News at 10 p.m.
Doing Good: The United Way by Jack Royer
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief