ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman faces a potential death penalty after being indicted on a capital murder charge in the death of her son, who was left in a car for hours.
Court records show 36-year-old Elizabeth Anne Case is accused of leaving 13-month-old Casen Caine Case in a car for seven hours. She was initially charged with felony murder and aggravated child abuse after the child died in October. A Limestone County grand jury returned the more serious charge after hearing evidence earlier this month.
An attorney for Case didn’t immediately return an email seeking comment Friday.
- Gov. Kay Ivey awards $26M in COVID-19 relief funds for Alabama agriculture
- 10-year-old girl’s mother murdered during online class as teacher witnesses confrontation
- Mobile elementary school teacher dies from COVID-19
- Outcry over bill that would allow child marriage in Somalia
- Biden, Harris make unusual campaign debut in virus era