TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox isn’t eyeing a 2022 bid for the governorship, despite his past ambitions.
He made a status on Twitter Thursday night, saying he has no plans to run for governor.
A Twitter user mentioned Maddox in a tweet, expressing her hopes for the mayor to enter the race for the governor’s seat. He quoted the tweet and responded, “I have NO plans to run in 2022.”
- UA sets social distancing guidelines as students return to campus
- Man shares how his pet Chihuahua saved his life
- Health experts say Alabama is seeing downward trend in cases but urge caution ahead flu season
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says
- Clanton will be electing a new mayor for the first time in 36 years