BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) — Jerry Perkins and his wife, Louise, have been together for nearly 65 years.
With the worldwide coronavirus threat, this is the first time he hasn’t been able to have any sort of physical contact with her. Louise, 83, has been in an assisted living facility in Bay Minette for 1,083 days.
On Monday, Jerry and his daughter, Sandra, visited the facility and were only able to communicate with their loved one through a window. Jerry sang “You Are My Sunshine” to his wife, letting her know how much he loved her.
“Going in there to see and just to be a glass apart from us was very encouraging to us to be able to see her,” their daughter said.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief