TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Sunday, photos surfaced of people standing outside a Tuscaloosa bar with no social distancing and only a few masks were seen.
Tuscaloosa Mayor, Walt Maddox, tweeted, ” Why? We are desperately trying to protect @tuscaloosacity – We are trying to have college football season.” in response to large crowds not practicing safe social distancing guidelines.
Greg Byrne, University of Alabama Athletic director, also called out the large crowds not wearing masks saying, “We’ve got to do better than this.”
In additional tweets, Maddox said, wearing a mask and practicing social distancing is not much to ask for to protect yourself and others.
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- McWane offering on-site classes for kids doing distance learning
- Central AL Forecast: Periods of Rain. Downpours likely.
- Louisiana-Lafayette snaps UAB’s 21-game home winning streak
- Builder demolishes new Florida home after building too close to neighbor