CONECUH COUNTY, Ala. (WAKA/WIAT) — Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating a fatal crash in Conecuh County that left two people dead, according to CBS 42 News Partners WAKA News.
The crash happened just before 7:30A.M. Monday on U.S. 31 at MM 82 near Castleberry.
ALEA says 24-year-old Justin Naamon Alan Grant, of Cedar Town, GA, and 32-year-old John Arthur Williams, Jr., of Hayneville, were pronounced dead on the scene. ALEA confirms that Williams, Jr., is the son of late Lowndes County Sheriff John “Big John” Williams.
Investigators say the crash occurred when Grant, who was driving a 2017 Chevrolet Express van, left the roadway, overcorrected, crossed the center line and collided head-on with a 2019 International tractor-trailer driven by Williams, Jr.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Betty White to mark 99th birthday by “feeding ducks”
- Central AL Forecast: Cold & dry for the near-term; Rain chances late next week