BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Sidewalk Film Festival will take place at the Grand River Drive-In this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The partnership between Sidewalk and Grand River comes in a time where social distancing is a must. Now, attendees can still watch all the films and shorts available at the festival while feeling safe in the comfort of their own vehicle
Executive Director for Sidewalk Film Festival Chloe Cook believes that this year’s festival will be one to remember.
“We are thrilled that there is a unique, safe way to have Sidewalk this year despite the many obstacles that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has presented,” said Cook. “We are thankful for the partnership with The Drive-In at Grand River and know that this year’s event will be one to remember for all involved.”
The festival is scheduled from Aug. 24-30. Tickets are available for pre-sale over at sidewalkfest.com.
- “Legally Blonde 3” pushed to 2022
- Central AL Forecast: Rain subsiding, cloudy tomorrow; Tropical Storm Zeta Forms
- Tuscaloosa County voters head to the polls for absentee voting Saturday
- AMBER Alert canceled: Victims found safe, suspect in custody in Kansas
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’