TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Tuscaloosa police officers are investigating a shooting that sent two teenagers to the hospital.
Tuesday evening around 8, officers responded to Broadmore Garden Apartments on a report of a shooting.
Tuscaloosa PD spokesperson Stephanie Taylor reports two male victims, ages 16 and 18, were both shot at Broadmoore Gardens apartments at 8 p.m. One victim was taken to DCH Medical Center and another victim was located at the shell gas station on McFarland Boulevard and taken to the hospital.
Warrants have been obtained for 17-year-old Jkerion Williams for attempted murder, first-degree assault and shooting into an unoccupied vehicle. Wednesday, Williams was located and taken into custody, authorities report. He will be charged as an adult and booked into the Tuscaloosa County Jail.
After investigating, this shooting does not appear to be related to other incidents in the past few weeks and was reported to have stemmed from a personal disagreement between the suspect and victims, the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit says. The Violent Crimes Unit, the Tuscaloosa Police Department, and the US Marshalls Task Force worked together to identify this suspect, and take him into custody.
Williams remains in the Tuscaloosa County Jail with a bond of $80,000.
- Central AL Forecast: Storms winding down this evening after widespread wind damage
- Trees down in Wenonah due to severe storm
- Florida breaks record for highest single-day COVID-19 cases in the US
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Fire erupts at Lake Tuscaloosa, marine patrol boat sinks while towing ski boat