ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — U.S. Marshals have arrested a Mississippi veteran accused of faking his death to avoid child rape charges.
In July 2018, Scott was scheduled to appear at a court hearing, when a gun and suicide note were found aboard his boat in Orange Beach. Crews searched the water for a week, but no remains were ever found.
At the time, Scott was out on bond on charges that included sexual battery, touching a child for lustful purposes, and exploitation of a child.
The investigation later uncovered Scott had withdrawn $45,000 before he disappeared.
Leading up to his arrest, there had been reports of possible sightings of Scott in Mississippi, Louisiana, Colorado and Nevada.
- Auburn overcomes 17-point deficit to beat Tennessee 73-66
- 2020 Severe Weather Preparedness sales tax holiday
- Central AL Forecast: Dry until Monday
- Calhoun County Commission holding press conference concerning Coronavirus
- Former All-American Auburn softball player Kasey Cooper held softball camp