JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Jefferson County Sheriff’s detectives need the public’s assistance in identifying a person in an attempted robbery on July 13.
Around 12:30 p.m., the suspect entered the CVS at 2000 Center Point Road and approached the pharmacy tech. He gave the victim a note demanding the she give him drugs or he would shoot her. Another employee realized what was occurring and approached the suspect, who then immediately fled the store.
Another employee realized what was occurring and approached the suspect, who then immediately fled the store, authorities report.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s detectives say the suspect is described as a light complected black man who is around 6 feet tall. He was wearing blue jeans, a black hoodie with a “Bass Pro Shops” logo on the front, grey gloves, dark sunglasses and a black ball cap with “Oakley” printed on the front in light-colored lettering.
The suspect fled the scene in a burgundy, four-door, small sedan, similar to a Honda Civic.
If you have any information on the identity of this suspect, please contact Detective Ali Daniels at 205-731-2815.
- Helena mayoral candidates face off
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask