HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Hoover Board of Education approved the motion to shift the school start date back this fall school year.
The start date back to school is moving from Aug. 6 to Aug. 20.
The school system is requiring students in third through twelfth grade to wear masks. It is encouraged for pre-K to second grade, however not required. Employees of the schools will also be required to wear a face covering, with some exceptions.
Hoover City Schools official said more information will come for parents and employees.
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign