HELENA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Helena High School football team has decided to cancel its next two games due to COVID-19 concerns.
In a statement to parents and students, HHS says they will be canceling the games, “out of an abundance of caution.”
The letter also states they want to give all affected individuals the chance to recover and slow any additional spread.
The Alabama High School Athletic Association implemented guidelines for teams that have positive cases of the coronavirus, requiring all games to be put on hold if a spread of the virus occurs.
Helena was scheduled to take on Pelham Friday and McAdory on Sept. 25.
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community
- Suspect arrested following police pursuit in downtown Birmingham
- Anniston removes Confederate monument following vote
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years