BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — As the nation mourns the death of Chadwick Boseman, some people in Birmingham remember meeting him on the set of “42.”
Mark Sellors, a local actor in the Magic City, said Boseman was humble and kind enough to take a selfie with him on the set of 42, which was shot in Birmingham, Ala., Macon, Ga. and Chatanooga, Tenn.
“He was Thurgood Marshall, he was James Brown, he was a superhero,” Sellors said. “And a hero to everybody and it is just a shame that he is gone.”
Boseman died at the age of 43 after a four-year fight with colon cancer.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression Twenty Two forms in the Gulf.
- Travel agencies cope with closures from Hurricane Sally
- Multiple reports of stolen catalytic converters in south Talladega County
- ‘There’s nowhere for her to go’: COVID-19 patient to be kicked out of hospital, family says
- What happens if the presidential election is still contested on Inauguration Day?