BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Family and friends held a funeral to celebrate the life of 8-year-old Royta Giles Jr. who was killed in the Hoover Riverchase Galleria during a shooting.
Loved ones gathered at the Bessemer Civic Center at 12 p.m. starting with the viewing and visitation.
Giles Jr. was killed Friday, July 3, when gunfire erupted in the food court at the Riverchase Galleria. Three other people were injured and taken to nearby hospitals.
In addition, three arrests have been made in connection to the mall shooting.
- Alabama farmer hopes to expand opportunities for others through United Soybean Board appointment
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says
- BLM confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Local warming shelters to open as temperatures drop below freezing
- 1 suspect in custody in police chase that caused BPD cruiser accident