MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Fire crews responded to the Alabama State House in Montgomery Friday afternoon.
According to an unnamed building manager, the building was evacuated after an exhaust fan in a bathroom on the third floor started smoking, causing a light smell of smoke throughout the building.
No injuries were reported. Montgomery Fire and Rescue as well as ALEA are on the scene.
This is a developing story, which will be updated as new details are available.
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Kyle Rittenhouse to face homicide charges in Wisconsin after judge OKs extradition request
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- 81-year-old woman missing since June found dead just blocks from her home in abandoned home
- 723 COVID-19 cases reported in K-12 schools across Alabama