BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Monday evening, heavy machinery including a crane arrived at Linn Park to remove the 52-foot-tall Confederate Soldiers & Sailors Monument.
This comes after protesters began vandalizing the monument Sunday evening during a George Floyd protest. Mayor Randall Woodfin showed up to the protest Sunday night asking protesters to stand down and give him 24 hours to get the job done removing it.
- Employee at Alabama Veteran’s Home says ‘hero pay’ to workers stopped
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
- JeffCo. detectives need assistance identifying suspect in CVS attempted robbery