BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Police Officers came together Wednesday afternoon to throw a surprise 16th birthday party for Sergeant Wytasha Carter’s son.
The Birmingham Police Department’s Facebook page made a post filled with images of the surprise, and a heartfelt caption to their fallen brother.
Sgt. Carter was killed in the line of duty back in Jan. of 2019 while investigating reports of car break-ins in the 900 block of 5th Avenue North. He was 44 years old and was with the Birmingham Police Department for eight years.
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Looking for love? Skip this popular Halloween costume
- All West Blocton HS students switch to remote learning temporarily
- American support for same-sex marriage is higher than ever, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election