BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Police Officers came together Wednesday afternoon to throw a surprise 16th birthday party for Sergeant Wytasha Carter’s son.
The Birmingham Police Department’s Facebook page made a post filled with images of the surprise, and a heartfelt caption to their fallen brother.
Sgt. Carter was killed in the line of duty back in Jan. of 2019 while investigating reports of car break-ins in the 900 block of 5th Avenue North. He was 44 years old and was with the Birmingham Police Department for eight years.
- COVID killed five siblings. Now their baby brother fights to save the family farm
- Suspect in Louisiana allegedly drives by school bus, almost hits child, gets arrested again within days
- Juror in HPD Officer William Darby’s murder trial gives firsthand account of the case, the evidence, and the reaction
- Suspect in killing of Yale grad student arrested in Alabama
- Newsfeed Now: CDC no longer recommends fully vaccinated wear masks; Woman wakes to blood dripping from apartment ceiling