MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama law enforcement officials are cautioning people to beware of scams when they renew their driver license online.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said Tuesday some third-party websites are charging people extra fees to renew their license online. The sites are not affiliated with the state. ALEA Secretary Hal Taylor said one website charged a $50 administrative fee in addition to the agency’s $39 renewal fee.
The agency urged people to go directly to ALEA’s Driver License Division at www.alea.gov to renew their license online instead of using a search engine to find the site.
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away by Dodson landslide
- Doctors respond to ADPH’s vaccine rollout
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- Fatal crash investigation underway after vehicle goes airborne, lands in Cypress Creek