ARLINGTON, Texas, (WIAT) — Alabama running back Najee Harris left audiences in awe and one responded to a soccer legend’s request during the Rose Bowl game against Notre Dame.
On Tuesday, Harris answered questions at a press conference on his touchdown celebration paying homage to US Women’s Soccer Team captain Megan Rapinoe. He then went on to say how much he respects the star on and off the field.
Rapinoe responded in a tweet, asking Harris to “hurdle someone for me” in the College Football Playoff Semifinal on New Years Day. The promise was kept with five minutes left in the first quarter.
Harris took the ball 53 yards and in the process hurdled a defender, taking over the internet at the same time.
Harris was named to the AP All-American Team and was just shy of making it as a Heisman finalist, finishing fifth in the voting. He has 12,62 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns this season.
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Baby giraffe, born while the world watched, dies at Nashville zoo