MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — One of Alabama’s seven U.S. House representatives has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Republican Rep. Mike Rogers, who serves the state’s third district, confirmed his positive coronavirus test on Twitter Thursday morning.
He says he is “experiencing mild symptoms but otherwise [is] in good spirits and looking forward to getting back to work soon.”
After consulting with the Office of the Attending Physician, Rep. Rogers says he is now self-isolating.
- 5-year-old musician going viral on social media
- Central AL Forecast: Cool Nights, Pleasant Afternoons
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU