HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) — A recent study by Oxfam America claims Alabama is the worst state in the nation to work in during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Oxfam America, a nonprofit agency dedicated to ending poverty, conducted the survey rating the states based on their policies to protect working families. The survey used 27 different data points in three areas of state assistance. They looked at worker protections, healthcare protections, and unemployment support.
Alabama ranked last at 52nd in the survey, which included the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The state also ranked last in unemployment services, while rising to 49th in healthcare and 48th in worker protections.
- Dog who went missing minutes before owners’ wedding has been reunited with family
- New US homes sought for 196 dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected
- ‘Death Lights in the Tower’ at the Drish House in Tuscaloosa
- Citronelle Police Chief: City a ‘war zone’ after Hurricane Zeta