OPELIKA, Ala. (WRBL) — A heartwarming reunion took place in East Alabama last week. A long awaited reunion between a military father and his two children.
SSG Timothy Lowery , a member of the Alabama National Guard, surprised his kids at their Opelika school after returning home from serving overseas.
Lowery has been overseas for the better part of a year. Each day, Lowery missing his family and waiting until he would be able to see them once again.
In that time, Lowery served the U.S. Military in Kuwait, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
Last Friday, Lowery finally returned home and took the opportunity to make it extra special for his children by surprising his them at their Southview Elementary School in Opelika.
Both Isaac, in kindergarten, and 2nd grader Charleigh were surprised in their classrooms. The children hadn’t expected their dad to return home so soon.
Upon seeing their father, in a room full of their classmates, each child ran with joy straight to their father’s arms, for an embrace almost a year in the making.
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas
- UAB doctor worried about ‘October surprise’ with COVID-19 cases due to school being back open
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- New York town of Swastika chooses to keep its name