MOBILE, Ala. (CNN NEWSOURCE) — An Alabama man woke up recently and found an alligator in his swimming pool.
“What in the blue blazes is this?” homeowner Steven McCulland said in a video Friday. “I took my glasses off and looked around and made sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, and I was.”
McCulland suspects the small alligator climbed over his fence to reach the backyard pool, where it was seen swimming laps, reported WALA.
“I’ve been looking around seeing how he got in there, and there’s nothing, so he must’ve climbed in,” he said.
Alligators, which can swim quickly using their tails, use water to catch their prey, but this one may have been trying to cool off.
“I am flabbergasted,” McCulland said in the video. “[If] you own an alligator, and you’re missing one, he’s in the backyard in my pool. Come get it. Thank you.”
McCulland said the next time he takes a dip, he’ll make sure to look twice.
- Central AL Forecast: A beautiful stretch of weather starts today
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate