Chip Matthews loves picking up the mail. And he loves it even more now. For his sixth birthday, mail carrier Tawanna Purter surprised with him with a gift: a dollar bill and four quarters — a small fortune at his age.
Chip has treasured the money and is saving up to buy a Spider-Man action figure.
His mom, Bonnie, says the kind gesture also gave the Opelika, Alabama, family hope during the pandemic when she lost her job as a school counselor.
- People from Alabama crossing state lines to play lottery
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, police say
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- Remains of more than 250 migrants found along southern border in 2020
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours