WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — ALEA Marine Patrol deputies are investigating the death of a 14-year-old girl who died in a tubing accident Saturday.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s Marine Patrol division responded to a tubing accident in the Winston County area of Smith Lake around 4:45 p.m.
The young teen was riding on the tube pulled by a boat when the accident happened. The Winston County Coroner’s office reports she was from Silver Creek, Georgia.
The investigation is ongoing. Check back for updates.
- 8-year-old child shot in Center Point
- Sheriff shares new information in hot car death investigation
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Eat Drink Ride Food Tour in Birmingham emerges amid COVID-19 pandemic