MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — One person was killed in Clarke County Thursday after a tree fell on their home during Tropical Storm Zeta.
Brian Hastings, director of the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, confirmed the news Thursday. The victim’s identity has not been revealed yet.
Hastings said he expects a few more deaths and injuries based on the nature of the wind event during Zeta.
“We only report on ‘official reports’ by local coroners,” Hastings said.
- ‘Buckle down,’ Jeffco health officer pleads as holiday events continue
- Police: 1 dead in argument-fueled shooting in west Birmingham
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Believe in miracles’: Kansas 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support