BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT)-- Here are some tips from the IRS to avoid common mistakes when preparing your taxes.
- Filing electronically, whether through E-file or IRS free file, vastly reduces tax return errors.
- Make sure to mail a paper return to the right address.
- Take a close look at the tax tables, and be sure to use the correct column.
- Fill in all requested information clearly. Also, check only one filing status and the appropriate exemption boxes.
- Get the right routing and account numbers.
- Don't forget to sign and date the return. If filing a joint return, both spouses must sign and date the return. E-filers can sign with a pin that they select.
- Attach all required forms, and keep a copy of the return.
- If you can't meet the April 15 deadline, and you request a filing extension., that will prevent late filing penalties. However, tax payments are still due April 15.
We're in for the first of several cold nights in a row.
After the Hoover School Board's Monday vote to keep school buses rolling after August of 2014, bus supporters are breathing a sigh of relief. Now they're buckling in for the long haul and waiting for details about the user fee based bus plan.
A well-known Tuscaloosa artist is taking a standing against bullying by painting what he knows best – the Alabama Crimson Tide.
As the temperatures continue to drop across portions of Alabama, the City of Birmingham is making plans to open warming stations at Boutwell Auditorium.
Alabama placed nine players on the coaches All-Southeastern Conference teams and LSU had eight.
A list of every single bowl game this season.
A look at some of the major events that happened on this day throughout the years.
Somewhere out there — the best guess would be in Alabama — there are 14 anxious gamblers with more than just school pride riding on Auburn winning the national championship.