Certified image consultant Sola Adelowo shares her tips on wearing and caring for whites in your summer wardrobe.
Sometimes the idea of wearing white clothes can be daunting. Just consider the myriad of questions: Can anyone wear white? How do I keep my whites white? The list goes on. There is no denying that the summer heat requires the breeziness of white color fashions, so try these suggestions to add a little summery white to your wardrobe. Don't be afraid to wear whites intentionally!
Let’s discuss potential options for your closet:
- White jacket – To direct attention to your top half.
- White pants or longer shorts – To direct attention to your bottom half.
- White suit – This provides a continuous clean line from top to bottom. This style will be slimming on most body types.
Keep your whites bright:
- Sort clothing carefully. Wash white clothes separately to prevent color transfer.
- Treat stains immediately. Go for a safer, oxygen-based cleaner (OxiClean, Clorox 2 etc.)
- Launder white garments after every wearing, even if they look clean. Body oils and perspiration can quickly turn a garment yellow.
- Never dry a garment with a stain. It can become permanent.
- Dry white clothing and fabrics outside. The sun really does brighten!
Sola Adelowo is a certified image consultant, a certified Myers-Briggs Personality Type practitioner and the founder of ImageCube, LLC. She understands how to strategically build an image while using your own wardrobe to help demonstrate your unique personality. For more tips and more about Sola, check out ImageCubeLLC.com.
As the temperatures continue to drop across portions of Alabama, the City of Birmingham is making plans to open warming stations at Boutwell Auditorium.
A list of every single bowl game this season.
A look at some of the major events that happened on this day throughout the years.
Somewhere out there — the best guess would be in Alabama — there are 14 anxious gamblers with more than just school pride riding on Auburn winning the national championship.
A 41-year-old man was arrested in Monday in Anniston on child sexual abuse charges.
University of Alabama police are looking for the man who assaulted a student on campus Monday night.
Rockefeller Center lit up for the holidays on Dec. 4, 2013 with the annual tree lighting ceremony.
So you're ready to buy a new smartphone for your loved one. Which do you choose?